TOPICAL STUDIES ON INNOVATION AND CHANGE IN FAMILY FIRMS AND SMEs
- When can families fill voids? Firms’ reliance on formal and informal institutions in R&D decisions. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 45(2), 2021, pp. 291-318. With Emanuela Rondi.
- Expansionary investment activities: Assessing equipment and buildings in productivity. In Parmeter, C. and Sickles, R. (ed.), Advances in Efficiency and Productivity Analysis, 2020, pp. 303-Cham (CH): Springer. With Andrea Chegut and Wilko Letterie.
- Family business or business family? Organizational identity elasticity and strategic responses to industry disruption. Journal of Family Business Strategy, 2020, doi: 10.1016/j.jfbs.2020.100360. With Emanuela Rondi, Carlotta Benedetti and Unai Arzubiaga.
- Energy performance and capital expenditures in manufacturing industries. Energy Efficiency, 12, 2019, pp. 2011-2038. With Andrea Chegut and Wilko Letterie.
- Broad search, deep search, and the absorptive capacity performance of family and nonfamily firm R&D. Family Business Review, 31(3), 2018, pp. 295-317.
- Family influence and R&D spending in Dutch manufacturing SMEs: The role of identity and socioemotional decision considerations. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 35(4), 2018, pp. 588-608. With Yannick Bammens.
- Collaborative NPD: A mixed-method approach to partner selection in family and nonfamily SMEs. In Guclu, A. (ed.), Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, 2017. With Anita Van Gils and Martin Carree.
- Open innovation: A literature review and recommendations for family business research. In Kellermanns, F. and Hoy, F. (ed.), Routledge Companion to Family Business, 2017, pp. 241-266. New York: Routledge. With Anita Van Gils, Yannick Bammens and Martin Carree.
- “Family firms’ propensity towards NPD collaboration” – With Anita Van Gils and Martin Carree.
- “The signaling value of new venture performance in the family firm succession process” – With Alfredo De Massis, Philipp Sieger, Johan Karlsson and Massimo Baù.
- “Green innovation strategies and the institutional environment” – With Yannick Bammens.
- “Stakeholder orientations and sustainability strategies in family firms” – With Emanuela Rondi
- When shooting for the stars becomes aiming for asterisks: P-hacking in family business research. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, forthcoming.
- “Replication and validation in family business research” – Special Issue organized for Journal of Family Business Strategy, guest-edited with Alfredo De Massis and Franz Kellermanns.
- “Causal language (mis)use in observational family business research”
- “How well do we read? A quotation analysis of top-tier management journals” – With Paola Rovelli.